The Official RONR Q & A Forums

President resigned but wants to resend

Guest barrelracer4sure

Guest barrelracer4sure

How do you accept it? He basically threw his belongings down and said i quit and walked off and later came back and said the VP was now Pres but he is still acting as President and his "X" board is still following him. This happened Monday of this week.

How do you accept it? He basically threw his belongings down and said i quit and walked off and later came back and said the VP was now Pres but he is still acting as President and his "X" board is still following him. This happened Monday of this week.

When he "threw his belongings down and said i quit and walked off" how did the assembly respond? Also, was it the same body which elected him to President or do the bylaws authorize that body to fill vacancies?

Guest barrelracer4sure

The by-laws state the VP will fill the vacancies should the president not be able to complete his obligation. Yes it was the same body that elected him. When he walked off the VP stated he didn't know the Pres's duties. The assembly was split, some were happy and some were sad. I guess I answered my own question. It was accepted. LOL

The by-laws state the VP will fill the vacancies should the president not be able to complete his obligation. Yes it was the same body that elected him. When he walked off the VP stated he didn't know the Pres's duties. The assembly was split, some were happy and some were sad. I guess I answered my own question. It was accepted. LOL

Assuming your bylaws don't say differently you have a vacancy in the office of VP which needs to be filled next meeting. If you all want to give the former President another chance you could elect him into the vacant Vice Presidency (of course you all are not obligated to do so).

The Board, or the general membership depending on the wording of the By-laws, has to accept the resignation. That means that a motion has to be made (and depending on the situation, seconded) and passed to accept the resignation. If no motion has been passed, the President's resignation has not been officially accepted.

Archived