The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Do a member have to pay dues if the board is not releasing a treasury report?

Guest chele spearman

We have a broad that has spend funds without the the approval from the homeowners per the bylaws. The broad has not giving a financial report all year. My question is do the homeowners still have to pay due for last year and the up coming year? Second question: the broad know they need to file taxes, however has not filed in years. What r our option on as homeowner?

We have a broad that has spend funds without the the approval from the homeowners per the bylaws. The broad has not giving a financial report all year. My question is do the homeowners still have to pay due for last year and the up coming year?

Being an HOA, yes. But check with a lawyer. In most jurisdictions, the HOA (through the Board) will have the right to take legal action, such as a lien. In a "voluntary" organization (one where you are not forced to be a member of the organization which is not the case in an HOA) members can simply leave the organization.

Second question: the broad know they need to file taxes, however has not filed in years. What r our option on as homeowner?

Again check with a lawyer. You might be able to get a compliance order for the Board to file the tax returns.

We have a broad that has spend funds without the the approval from the homeowners per the bylaws.

There ain't nothin' like a dame.

You can try disciplining the board (see Chapter XX) but their bad acts don't let you off the hook when it comes to paying your dues.

We have a broad that has spend funds without the the approval from the homeowners per the bylaws. The broad has not giving a financial report all year. My question is do the homeowners still have to pay due for last year and the up coming year? Second question: the broad know they need to file taxes, however has not filed in years. What r our option on as homeowner?

Tell that broad she better start obeying the rules.

Archived