The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Presidents appointment

Guest puma

does the Presidents appointments stop at the end of term? And if he has appointed a 1st Vice President does that position go away also?

I would think that all appointments stop at the end of the term. Isn't that what's meant by a term? I suppose he could appoint the same person to another term but that's another question.

As for the position of 1st vice-president, why would you think the position would ever "go away"? It might be vacant for awhile but it wouldn't go away.

But perhaps I'm misunderstanding your questions.

our 1st vice president resigned and the president and our parlamentarian is saying he has the right to appoint a replacement for that position and then that person can move up to president without any election. except for approvement from the board. I am saying they have to have a ballot vote to the members to be legal?

does the Presidents appointments stop at the end of term? And if he has appointed a 1st Vice President does that position go away also?

The appointment of an officer to an unexpired term (presuming it was carried out in accordance with the bylaws) would naturally stop at the end of the appointee's term, which may or may not be the same as the end of the president's term.

Archived