The Official RONR Q & A Forums

breech?

Guest jeffhoverson

Can an amended version (passed 6-4) be passed on to the general assembly using the unamended version

and a verbal explanation. Example: a recognized committee presented 25 doctrines to a council. All but one doctrine

were approved to be sent to the congregation. The person who had the newly amended version on his computer was

out of town, so the president simply gave out the original "unamended" version with a verbal explanation that the one doctrine is not a part of it. This has been challenged as a "breech of executive authority". I think section 59 was quoted, not sure. Anyhow, a special meeting is being called for. To some, it appears as though a few that were not happy about the vote which was 45-8, are spreading this idea of a "breech" and gaining concern of others to have a re-vote. thanks, jeffh

Your reference to "section 59" suggests to me that you are looking at the 1915 edition of ROR, possibly on-line?

Please upgrade yourself to The right Book

But in answer to your question (as far as I can figure out what you are asking) "Yes", whatever the assembly adopted is, well, adopted. "Breech of Executive authority" is not defied in RONR -- if there is such a thing in your association it would have to be spelled out in your bylaws.

I also think this question should be in the General Discussion section - perhaps the moderator will move it there.

Archived