The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Roll Call Vote - one person's name was not called - proper minutes

Guest Larry Dix

When a roll call vote was taken, one person name was not called and therefore did not vote. It was not noticed until after the meeting so what is the proper way to record the vote taken in the minutes. Is the person who was not requested to vote listed as not voting or should some other notation be documented.

This is just my personal (RONR geeks: step in, please) opinion, but congruent with the philosophy that minutes contain "what was done, not what was said", I'd list ONLY the names of the people actually called on to vote (and how they voted, of course, including either "Yes" or "No", and including "Abstain" if needed for quorum purposes - p.422).

Let the minute readers infer who didn't vote (if they care).

I'd list ONLY the names of the people actually called on to vote (and how they voted, of course, including either "Yes" or "No", and including "Abstain" if needed for quorum purposes - p.422).

I agree. I also wonder why the person whose name wasn't called didn't say anything at the time. Talk about snoozing and losing.

On the other hand, if the person whose name wasn't called was absent (which is not the impression I got), then it's truly a moot point.

Ugmh65

Archived