The Official RONR Q & A Forums

No motions made but action item approved

Guest Melanie

At our last governing board meeting, one of our directors requested that our board approve some additional funding allocations.  There was discussion about the action item and then a vote was taken after discussion, and the board members all voted in favor of the funding allocations.  However, although all members approved, there were never any motions made by any members.  The lack of a motion and a seconding of the motion was just noticed when the minutes were being typed up for this month's meeting.  What happens now?  How should this be resolved? 

"Daniel"?  I don't even call him Daniel.  Probably when he was a lieutenant his fellow lieutenants didn't call him Daniel.  Probably his dandled grandchildren don't call him Daniel.  Maybe when his mom was mad at him she'd curtly hiss, "Daniel Horace Honemann, get over here this instant."  But I don't bet on it.

[Edited: fixed ;typo]

That made me chuckle, Mr. Tesser.  And I bet more people call you "Gary" rather than "Mr. Tesser," right?  :D   Had I known that "Daniel" was a Lieutenant, I would have called him "Lieutenant Dan" (I believe that's a Forest Gump reference). 

Melanie 

And I bet more people call you "Gary" rather than "Mr. Tesser," right?

Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,

But everyone knew her as Nancy.

I don't even call him Daniel.

Now she and her man, who called himself Dan,
Were in the next room at the hoe down.
Rocky burst in, and grinning a grin,
He said, "Danny boy, this is a showdown".
But Daniel was hot, he drew first and shot,
And Rocky collapsed in the corner.

Archived