The Official RONR Q & A Forums

vice president of the board of directors.

Guest Lvy LACONSAY

At the board meeting the vice president resigned and the president accepted. On the next day, the vice president send email to all the directors saying he still the director of the board until he finish his 3 years term.

My question is would it be possible that he can stay since president of the boards accepted that he quit already.

Since it's unlikely your president has the authority to accept resignations, the vice-president could withdraw his resignation.

Or maybe you're asking if he can resign as vice-president but still remain a member of the board? That would depend on whether he was a member of the board independent of his position as vice-president or whether he was a member of the board because he was vice-president (i.e. an ex-officio member of the board).

In other words, he might be able to surrender his vice-president's hat without giving up his board member's hat. Or maybe not.

At the board meeting the vice president resigned and the president accepted. On the next day, the vice president send email to all the directors saying he still the director of the board until he finish his 3 years term.

My question is would it be possible that he can stay since president of the boards accepted that he quit already.

This sounds like (but you need to determine/confirm) an organization where officers are elected by the Board from board members. It also seems that the Vice-president was resigning as an officer(Vice-president) but not from his Board position. So, it would seem that there may have been no resignation from the Board - and (without getting into the issue of the president 'accepting' the resignation) - a resignation cannot be "accepted" if it is not made (from the board in this case).

Archived