The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Meeting cancellation

Guest Joe

I serve on a municipal commission that is a recommending body to the Board of Supervisors.  Due to a weather emergency a meeting was cancelled.  What happens to the items on the agenda?  Do they get referred to the Board without recommendation or would they be considered to be tabled and taken up at the next regularly scheduled meeting ofthe commission? 

The answer to your question will probably have to be found in your own rules and governing laws.  RONR has no provision for canceling meetings.  Any right to cancel a meeting.... and the rules for doing so.... would have to be found in your own bylaws, special rules, ordinances or state law.

I serve on a municipal commission that is a recommending body to the Board of Supervisors.  Due to a weather emergency a meeting was cancelled.  What happens to the items on the agenda?  Do they get referred to the Board without recommendation or would they be considered to be tabled and taken up at the next regularly scheduled meeting ofthe commission?

It seems to me that the items would indeed be taken up at the next regularly scheduled meeting of the commission, but they are by no means "considered to be tabled."

Archived