The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Rescind something previously adopted

Larry R.

To rescind something previously adopted, it can only be applied to which of the following?:

1. A main motion which has been adopted.

or

2. A main motion which has been defeated?

The NAP Study Guide for Registration says it's #2 but this seems counter-intuitive to me - I think the answer can only apply to something which has been previously adopted, hence the motion "to rescind something previously adopted." Is the answer sheet in the study guide incorrect or am I?

39 minutes ago, Larry J. Randle said:

To rescind something previously adopted, it can only be applied to which of the following?:

or

The NAP Study Guide for Registration says it's #2 but this seems counter-intuitive to me - I think the answer can only apply to something which has been previously adopted, hence the motion "to rescind something previously adopted." Is the answer sheet in the study guide incorrect or am I?

It may only be applied to a main motion which has been adopted.

1 hour ago, Larry J. Randle said:

or

37 minutes ago, Josh Martin said:

It may only be applied to a main motion which has been adopted.

I agree. Larry, can you tell us what question number it is or what page it's on? Is it the "In Order" study guide or the regular one? I want to check mine. I have both versions. 

Thanks for helping out Josh and Richard. This is from the In Order Study Guide for the NAP Registration Examination - hard copy. It is Question #349 and the reference in RONR is p. 305 line 10-12. I think there is an error in the Study Guide as it definitely indicates the answer is B which says " it can only be applied to a main motion which has been defeated. This answer sheet must be incorrect but I'll feel even more confident about it if someone agrees with me.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.