The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Amend Something Previously Adopted

Guest Sheila T

Our January '18 Board of Directors minutes were approved in February. I just now noticed an error in these minutes and will bring up at the next meeting a motion to Amend Something Previously Adopted. If the amendment passes and these minutes corrected, will we require an updated (current) approval date?

I did see that, however, it did not clarify how to treat the original minutes, only the minutes in which the motion to amend was considered. Am I correct in assuming it is OK to go back to the original minutes and make the correction or is the correction only to remain in the minutes in which the motion to amend was considered?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Sheila T said:

I did see that, however, it did not clarify how to treat the original minutes, only the minutes in which the motion to amend was considered. Am I correct in assuming it is OK to go back to the original minutes and make the correction or is the correction only to remain in the minutes in which the motion to amend was considered?

Thanks

A marginal notation in the original minutes sounds like a good idea to me, even though the book doesn't say that.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.