The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Shortage of members for meeting

Guest REP

10 minutes ago, Guest REP said:

The bylaws state 7 is the quorum for this group .We have not been able to enroll any new directors and that prevents us from official business.

Any thoughts for a remedy to this?

Can you elaborate a bit?  Are there not even seven members or is it that there are seven or more but due to absences there is never a quorum?   Also, how are the members of this group chosen?  Are they a board of directors (or executive board)l?   A committee?    Why can't the vacancies be filled?

There are 2 people who we are  trying to replace .

This board is going through very tough times and we are trying to correct problems from the past .This has resulted in 4 members meeeting weekly as a discussion group.My concern is when we get ready to officiall y change any type of problems it will be impossible. I have never been involved in  anything  like this and it is strange

15 hours ago, Guest Quorum f said:

There are 2 people who we are  trying to replace .

This board is going through very tough times and we are trying to correct problems from the past .This has resulted in 4 members meeeting weekly as a discussion group.My concern is when we get ready to officiall y change any type of problems it will be impossible. I have never been involved in  anything  like this and it is strange

This appears to say that there are 6 seats on the board, yet you've said the quorum is 7.  You really need to answer the questions that have been asked

There are several remedies to quorum problems, some of which require changes to the bylaws.  Do you have a general membership (outside of the board)?  Bylaws changes usually require that group to vote, and not the board itself.

We await your replies.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.