The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Parliamentarian

Guest Rodney

10 hours ago, Guest Rodney said:

Steps to take to become a parliamentarian in TN 

Thanks

How to become a Parliamentarian?  Get business cards printed that say "Guest Rodney,  Parliamentarian" 😉

Hang your shingle, so to speak.

But to become a good one, join one of the two national organizations that JJ referred to and put in the necessary study and take the necessary tests to become credentialed. it takes quite a bit of study. There is no state licensing of parliamentarians anywhere that I am aware of. Anyone can call himself a parliamentarian, but getting certified (or credentialed) by one of the two national organizations proves that you probably have some idea of what you are doing and gives you credibility. 

24 minutes ago, Richard Brown said:

How to become a Parliamentarian?  Get business cards printed that say "Guest Rodney,  Parliamentarian" 😉

Hang your shingle, so to speak.

But to become a good one, join one of the two national organizations that JJ referred to and put in the necessary study and take the necessary tests to become credentialed. it takes quite a bit of study. There is no state licensing of parliamentarians anywhere that I am aware of. Anyone can call himself a parliamentarian, but getting certified (or credentialed) by one of the two national organizations proves that you probably have some idea of what you are doing and gives you credibility. 

Or not.  🙂

31 minutes ago, Daniel H. Honemann said:

Or not.  🙂

It probably gives you some neasure of credibility. Whether the credibility is deserved is another matter. I have known some credentialed members who led me to wonder how they ever got credentialed. Fortunatly, not many (at least that I have met).

8 hours ago, Weldon Merritt said:

It probably gives you some neasure of credibility. Whether the credibility is deserved is another matter. I have known some credentialed members who led me to wonder how they ever got credentialed. Fortunatly, not many (at least that I have met).

You could say the same for some doctors, lawyers, accountants, or mechanics. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.