The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Treasure responsibility

Guest David M

I belong to a nonprofit Country Law Enforcement Association. Our Treasure has sole access and control over our checking and saving. He holds the one and only credit card. He refused a request from the President to get one additional card for the President only. Is this illegal and can you get an audit request with out giving your name. Very concerned! A lot more issues I feel may be illegal. 

20 minutes ago, Guest David M said:

I belong to a nonprofit Country Law Enforcement Association. Our Treasure has sole access and control over our checking and saving. He holds the one and only credit card. He refused a request from the President to get one additional card for the President only. Is this illegal and can you get an audit request with out giving your name. Very concerned! A lot more issues I feel may be illegal. 

These seem like legal issues, not parliamentary ones, and are therefore beyond the scope of RONR and this forum. I suggest consulting an attorney. It may also be prudent for the association to adopt rules governing these matters.

On 9/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, Guest David M said:

Legal issues are beyond the scope of this forum.

However, the Treasurer is subject to the decisions of the Association.  I'm not surprised that the Treasurer would not get an additional card based simply on the request of the President.  If the President, or anyone, wanted additional card holders or check signers, they can make a motion to require it, and bring it to a vote. 

I'm not sure what your question about an audit request means. You can certainly move that the books should be audited, and this should happen routinely every year.  But I don't know how you can make a motion without revealing your identity.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.