The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Resign to run

Guest Linda Albert

Hello,

Our club recently had a voting for the offices and BOD. My question is a member from the class of 2021 was on the ballot to be voted on as Vice President. She lost the votes, does she now automatically take her old BOD position class of 2021?

thank you,

Linsa Albert

1 hour ago, Guest Linda Albert said:

Hello,

Our club recently had a voting for the offices and BOD. My question is a member from the class of 2021 was on the ballot to be voted on as Vice President. She lost the votes, does she now automatically take her old BOD position class of 2021?

It would seem that the answer to your question depends upon exactly what occurred incident to this member's resignation from the board. I suppose it's conceivable that her resignation was offered and accepted based upon an understanding that it would become effective only if and when she should be elected to the office of Vice-President. If not so conditioned (and I would doubt that it was), her resignation became final and effective upon its acceptance. If such is the case, she no longer holds the position from which she resigned, unless, of course, your club has some rule in place providing otherwise (which I also doubt is the case because, if it does, you wouldn't be asking this question 🙂).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.