Jump to content
The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Can a school committee change a town article that was voted on two years ago

Guest Kim g

Recommended Posts

As a town we voted on this specific article VOTE EAST MEADOW SCHOOL BALLOT QUESTION
Shall the Town of Granby be allowed to exempt from the provisions of Proposition two-and-one-half, so called, the amounts required to pay for the bonds issued in order for the new construction of an approximate 31,730 gross square foot addition and thorough renovation of the existing 37,030 gross square foot East Meadow Elementary School, including the payment of costs incidental or related thereto, for a combined Pre-K through sixth grade school with an approximate total gross square footage of 68,760 with all new construction/renovation work to occur at the current East Meadow Elementary School site located at.........

The administration has changed programming after a year and wants to move our 6th grade out and into our highschool.  Essentially changing the building to pre-k to 6.  This decision is being voted on by the school committee.  Is that legal to do?  I would think the vote would need to be brought back to the town.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...