The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Presentation of slate of nominees

Guest Nicole DeLoach

11 hours ago, Guest Puzzling said:

In RONR the order of electing the officers is the order they are mentioned in the bylaws, so I would assume you could use the same order for presenting 

I do believe in giving credit where credit is due and in this case I agree with the response above by Guest Puzzling. I have probably not said that often. It’s about as close to being straight out of the book as we can get.  :)

Edited by Richard Brown
Added last sentence

12 hours ago, Guest Puzzling said:

In RONR the order of electing the officers is the order they are mentioned in the bylaws, so I would assume you could use the same order for presenting 

Actually, section 46:15  says that is actually the way the nominating committee’s report should be presented.

”46:15 When the nominating committee is called upon for its report at a meeting, its chairman rises and presents the report as follows: NOMINATING COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN: Mr. President, the Nominating Committee submits the following nominations: For President, Mr. A [or “John A”]; for Vice-President, Mr. B; for Secretary, Mr. C;… [and so on for each office to be filled, naming the nominees in the order in which the offices are listed in the bylaws].

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.