The Official RONR Q & A Forums

How do we deal with a non board member interupting business or going straight through to the person involved?

Guest Don

We have a non board member who reads our minutes from a previous meeting, then on her own with no board approval approaches the subject with incorrect information.  i.e.  We have a bookeeper, non board member or member, who was not submitting information in a timely manner, i.e. 3-4 months.

The board instructed the treasurer and/or President to contact the Bookkeeper.

This non board member contacted the bookkeeper herself and gave incorrect information, it is not her business to circumvent the board without board permission

2 minutes ago, Guest Don said:

We have a non board member who reads our minutes from a previous meeting, then on her own with no board approval approaches the subject with incorrect information.  i.e.  We have a bookeeper, non board member or member, who was not submitting information in a timely manner, i.e. 3-4 months.

The board instructed the treasurer and/or President to contact the Bookkeeper.

This non board member contacted the bookkeeper herself and gave incorrect information, it is not her business to circumvent the board without board permission

I suppose I would start by having the board adopt a motion ordering this person to stop doing this.

If it continues to be a problem, then the organization may wish to review what its bylaws say regarding discipline, or if they are silent, see Ch. XX of RONR.

While I agree with the responses above, I think I would start with a simple private request from the president that the member stop doing this. The request can be accompanied by a statement from the president that if the behavior continues, the member is likely to face disciplinary action.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.