The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Review of draft minutes by recently resigned board member

Wild Dunes

On 7/4/2022 at 7:51 PM, Wild Dunes said:

Policy is to members. The point was made that this now former member should review the minutes as he was a member at the time of the meeting.

Since he is no longer a member, he will not have an opportunity to offer corrections anyway.  You actually answered your own question in your first post. Draft minutes are circulated to members.

Yes, my stance was that he is no longer a member, therefore, not privileged to review the minutes. We had a board member that was insistent that this was incorrect, that because the former board member was present during the meeting, he should review the minutes. I had to find support for my argument.

Thanks to all who replied.

On 7/4/2022 at 9:22 PM, Wild Dunes said:

Yes, my stance was that he is no longer a member, therefore, not privileged to review the minutes. We had a board member that was insistent that this was incorrect, that because the former board member was present during the meeting, he should review the minutes. I had to find support for my argument.

Thanks to all who replied.

This person also might believe that a member who was not present at the last meeting should not be able to participate in the approval of its minutes.

This is equally untrue as RONR specifically states:  

It should be noted that a member’s absence from the meeting for which minutes are being approved does not prevent the member from participating in their correction or approval.  [41:11]

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.