The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Filling directors positions,the owners association dident preserve its covanants 14 years ago

Guest Richard

I meant to say current director won’t fill two open positions left by two directors who resigned.the association dident preserve its covenants 14 years ago ,the current director won’t give members email and mailing list to run for these offices when the come up in April 2023.

the lawyers are doing the revitalization without a steering committee.under what authority can the treasure spend money to hire a law firm.

What do you want to know,I was the one that discovered the association dident preserve its covanants from 14 years ago.when I bought into the association I was given by laws ,covanants and use restrictions.i became Leary when this association never gives out financials,never holds elections,never follows any by laws.it was after a records search I found two sets of by laws two sets of use restrictions,altered covanants none of which members voted on,this is why the two of three board members quit.the remaking director won’t fill the position ,won’t supply email and address of other members as I want to run for office ,I also want to file for receivership to force the director to appoint and fill the positions as of now nothing is getting done.

On 1/29/2023 at 2:09 PM, Guest Richard said:

bod has members who open positions but remaining director won’t fill them.

An answer would require guessing at a dozen or so facts.  Can you give a reasonably full description of your organization, the background, the current situation, what if anything your bylaws say with regard to this matter, and what your question is?

On 1/29/2023 at 2:20 PM, Guest Richard said:

What do you want to know,I was the one that discovered the association dident preserve its covanants from 14 years ago.when I bought into the association I was given by laws ,covanants and use restrictions.i became Leary when this association never gives out financials,never holds elections,never follows any by laws.it was after a records search I found two sets of by laws two sets of use restrictions,altered covanants none of which members voted on,this is why the two of three board members quit.the remaking director won’t fill the position ,won’t supply email and address of other members as I want to run for office ,I also want to file for receivership to force the director to appoint and fill the positions as of now nothing is getting done.

This sounds more like a legal matter than a question of parliamentary procedure.

You should probably be speaking with an attorney.

On 1/29/2023 at 1:36 PM, Gary Novosielski said:

This sounds more like a legal matter than a question of parliamentary procedure.

You should probably be speaking with an attorney.

I agree.  And also possibly with a professional parliamentarian who can give you individualized advice.  This is really beyond the scope of this forum.  You can get referrals from the National Association of Parliamentarians and the American Institute of Parliamentarians. I would suggest an attorney and parliamentarian who have experience with homeowner type associations.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.