The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Agenda

Guest Deb

An agenda listed an item in the constent agenda as - Resolution 2022-23 #17 Fire Alarm system.  In actuality, the Fire Alarm System was actually #18.  The Resolution is correct, but the agenda is wrong.  How do we go about correcting this?  Since the approval is the actual Resolution, and not the agenda, does anything need to be done?

On 10/5/2023 at 10:14 AM, Guest Deb said:

An agenda listed an item in the constent agenda as - Resolution 2022-23 #17 Fire Alarm system.  In actuality, the Fire Alarm System was actually #18.  The Resolution is correct, but the agenda is wrong.  How do we go about correcting this?  Since the approval is the actual Resolution, and not the agenda, does anything need to be done?

Did the resolution itself have a number or just a title? If the resolution was numbered and titled, and the wrong number was given in the agenda, how can you be sure what was intended to be adopted? 

I would tend to agree that the members probably thought they were approving the resolution with that title, but it might be worthwhile for the chair to make a ruling on this question at the next meeting. 

On 10/5/2023 at 9:14 AM, Guest Deb said:

If the resolution is correct, and it is simply the agenda which is wrong, I don't think anything needs to be done, other than for the chair to inform members that there is a typo on the agenda.

If the resolution is in error, however, then the resolution will need to be amended.

On 10/6/2023 at 2:54 PM, Tomm said:

If the consent agenda has not first been properly authorized to use via special rule of order, would that have any additional affect?

I read that several times and I'm still not certain what it means.

But in general, if things are done that are not authorized, that is bad.  Are you saying you never adopted a rule to use consent agendas/consent calendars?

On 10/6/2023 at 1:54 PM, Tomm said:

If the consent agenda has not first been properly authorized to use via special rule of order, would that have any additional affect?

I think you should ask your questions concerning the use of a consent agenda in a new thread, and when you do so, provide additional facts concerning your situation.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.