The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Chairman Attendance of Annual Meeting

Guest Amy Z

I am the current sitting (and outgoing) Chairperson of the 3 person board of directors for our HOA. Our annual meeting is in approximately one month. I have been presented an opportunity to attend a seminar that is Con-Ed for my employment. What steps should I take to turn my meeting responsibilities over to the Secretary and Treasurer of the board? Does the meeting need to be postponed? There will be a vote for a new Chairperson, which I will not be seeking reelection, so I feel that the other current members are more than capable of directing the meeting. 

IMG_8298.jpeg

It seems you have no vice-president. You have no control over who will preside in your absence - the convention body will elect a chair pro tem, and the secretary will preside over the election. So I'd say let the secretary know you won't be there and to prepare to briefly preside over that election. The convention body is under no obligation to elect a board member to preside, and probably shouldn't, as they'll be busy and have reports to give.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.