The Official RONR Q & A Forums

postpone indefinimatly

Guest doris

I belong to a group with an executive board and a state board. Ameeting was held by the executive board with changes of bylaws one the agenda, these changes were proposed with only oficers amd no other chairmembers who do have a vote, we have a new president taking over in Janurary during discussion of the bylaw changes it was postpone indefinitly and was seconded, and a vote was taken and it passed. At our state meeting it was brought up by our president stating because it was postponed indefinitly, she had 90 days in which to bring up again and did so. never heard of the 90 day thing and if that is true, I feel that it should go back to state executive board and not state board. anyways, she continued on and vote were taken , some were passed without a two-third of vote. I feel that this whole thing is illegal and would need to be address at outr next executive board meeting. Also at the state executive board meeting, I was give a vote and at state board meeting, I did not have a vote. we are talking about two different goups, but the state board does enclude all of the state executive members.My question is if this vote on the bylaws is bounding, Our bylaws state that any changes to bylaws must come before the state executive board for a two thids vote to pass and then and only afer beiong approved by the state executive board, can it be given to the state board for a vote, please advise.

I belong to a group with an executive board and a state board. Ameeting was held by the executive board with changes of bylaws one the agenda, these changes were proposed with only oficers amd no other chairmembers who do have a vote, we have a new president taking over in Janurary during discussion of the bylaw changes it was postpone indefinitly and was seconded, and a vote was taken and it passed. At our state meeting it was brought up by our president stating because it was postponed indefinitly, she had 90 days in which to bring up again and did so. never heard of the 90 day thing and if that is true, I feel that it should go back to state executive board and not state board. anyways, she continued on and vote were taken , some were passed without a two-third of vote. I feel that this whole thing is illegal and would need to be address at outr next executive board meeting. Also at the state executive board meeting, I was give a vote and at state board meeting, I did not have a vote. we are talking about two different goups, but the state board does enclude all of the state executive members.My question is if this vote on the bylaws is bounding, Our bylaws state that any changes to bylaws must come before the state executive board for a two thids vote to pass and then and only afer beiong approved by the state executive board, can it be given to the state board for a vote, please advise.

Although there is no "90 days thing" in RONR, it was not improper for the motion to be made at the state-level assembly, provided the state-level assembly had the power to adopt it and any required previous notice of the motion had been validly given.

Archived