The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Those who regularly post on the forums here know that new users sometimes aren't sure where or how to post their questions or follow-ups.

You can help the moderators respond to such situations more quickly by using the "Report" feature to let us know about any messages that need moderation, such as duplicate posts, posts that should be in a new topic, or posts that should be in a different forum. (Don't be deterred by the message on the reporting form that says, "This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content . . .")

Since only the moderators will see these reports, feel free to also make the usual replies, such as warning other users that a post is a duplicate.

Thanks!

Don't be deterred by the message on the reporting form that says, "This form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content . . ."

Unless and until that message is amended, I think most (including me) will be deterred. Which seems to be the point of the message.

Surely you're not suggesting that we ignore the rules.

Unless and until that message is amended, I think most (including me) will be deterred. Which seems to be the point of the message.

Surely you're not suggesting that we ignore the rules.

I can try to find how to amend the message (if that's possible without reprogramming the code), but I am suggesting a broad interpretation of "objectionable." A message doesn't have to be offensive to be objectionable, and if it's not objectionable in some way, then there is no need for moderator action.

I can try to find how to amend the message (if that's possible without reprogramming the code) . . .

It's possible. That's what you're paying for. There are perfectly good free, open-source, alternatives.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.