The Official RONR Q & A Forums

For Parliamentarians

Dan Honemann

[snip]

Well then, the thread can easily be moved by a member of the elite corps of crack administrators; or, better, the issue can be re-framed by a website regular on this elite corps of crack parliamentarians (and aspiring cracks like me) forum.

• 8 months later...

Dan, Is the brief edition listed on the front page of this site your wrting? I saw the book at Walmart while looking for 11th Ed. Question I have, as a layman, can this book be a good starter for any of us in trying to understand parliamentary law? Is it good enough to cite during a meeting of our bo-hunk gun club and get our answers to most questions?

I am sure it took you years to be as savvy as you are but can this book serve as an interim guide to guide us?

Thanks, I enjoy coming here and reading the posts and see most others are as pained as I am in meetings.

Myles

Dan, Is the brief edition listed on the front page of this site your wrting? I saw the book at Walmart while looking for 11th Ed. Question I have, as a layman, can this book be a good starter for any of us in trying to understand parliamentary law? Is it good enough to cite during a meeting of our bo-hunk gun club and get our answers to most questions?

I am sure it took you years to be as savvy as you are but can this book serve as an interim guide to guide us?

Thanks, I enjoy coming here and reading the posts and see most others are as pained as I am in meetings.

Myles

Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised In Brief is written by the authors of the 11th Edition of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, and is an excellent starter for people trying to understand parliamentary law. You will find more information concerning it at http://www.robertsru...om/inbrief.html.

Myles

And in regards to your third question, the second to last paragraph here should provide the answer.

• 3 weeks later...

Would THIS be the feed to use to question what a parlimentarian should do during a meeting, concerning different issues that arise?

No. You should post your question under General Discussion. The General Discussion Forum is designed for High School to College level questions of parliamentary procedure while the Advanced Discussion Forum is more for Graduate to Post Graduate level material.

Archived