The Official RONR Q & A Forums

waiving a waiting period

wwdslovene

Our bylaws state that a person being removed from our board is entitled to a five-day notification. Is it legal and possible to waive that

period? Our meeting is today, and the person in question was notified only yesterday. We have the majority of votes, and there is nothing

to be gained by waiting until next week - the votes will still be the same.

Our bylaws state that a person being removed from our board is entitled to a five-day notification. Is it legal and possible to waive that

period? Our meeting is today, and the person in question was notified only yesterday. We have the majority of votes, and there is nothing

to be gained by waiting until next week - the votes will still be the same.

The bylaws seem to disagree.

slovene1 has been loitering around here long enough to know violating previous notice requirements results in a continuing breach of the rules, so I'm a tad surprised at the question.

Our organization's board consists of 19 members. It has been in somwhat of a crisis since March because of the misbehavior of a single director

who refuses to follow rules and is generally an obstructionist. Removal of that person will come today or next week, and the crisis will finally end.

Unfortunately our parliamentarian does not really know Robert's Rules, and the search is on for someone who does. In the meantime I discovered this list and have used it a number of times, with the encouragement of other directors, to ask a variety of questions. The replies which I have received have generally been very helpful in resolving our questions, and I am very grateful for all the help. I apologize if some of the questions appear naive or propose "illegal" solutions. But that is why I write to the experts here. I did not realize that my using the list as a reference sourse constituted "loitering". Apparently I misunderstood the purpose of this list.

Our organization's board consists of 19 members. It has been in somwhat of a crisis since March because of the misbehavior of a single director

who refuses to follow rules and is generally an obstructionist. Removal of that person will come today or next week, and the crisis will finally end.

Unfortunately our parliamentarian does not really know Robert's Rules, and the search is on for someone who does. In the meantime I discovered this list and have used it a number of times, with the encouragement of other directors, to ask a variety of questions. The replies which I have received have generally been very helpful in resolving our questions, and I am very grateful for all the help. I apologize if some of the questions appear naive or propose "illegal" solutions. But that is why I write to the experts here. I did not realize that my using the list as a reference sourse constituted "loitering". Apparently I misunderstood the purpose of this list.

No need to apologize for anything, ha ha. Smart mouths like me loiter here too :)

And dumb mouths like me. All we do is yammer yammer yammer ;)

The yammer yammer is extremely interesting. Keep it up, and I shall continue loitering and hiding in the corner reading questions

and their replies. And I shall continue to bother you with questions, although after we dump our director there should be less

of a need. <LOL>

The yammer yammer is extremely interesting. Keep it up, and I shall continue loitering and hiding in the corner reading questions and their replies. And I shall continue to bother you with questions, although after we dump our director there should be less of a need. <LOL>

Well then. Perhaps it will be overdue time for slovene1 to pick up the baton and answer some questions hims- or hers- elf, so weary vets like David and Tim and Dan and George (and aspiring weary vets like me) can maybe take a few hours off and go hiking on the Chesapeake once in a while.

(Pace, scshunt: new yet)

Archived