The Official RONR Q & A Forums

How to describe RROO

Guest Jay Smith

Following it will get you home in time for Monday Night Football (including the boring ESPN pre-game show) instead of the 11:00 News.......

I don't know. Sometimes it might be the other way around if you have a Chair who is ramrodding things through without allowing the merits to be debated (and the assembly if knowing their rights would have wanted to do so).

Someone said RROO refer to how to run meetings! RROO are much more than that . . .

Much more? I'm not so sure. It's title, "Rules of Order" pretty much means it a book about . . . wait for it . . . how to run meetings. That doesn't mean it's a book only for the presiding officer (who shouldn't be considered to "run" the meeting anyway), but it tells all members how meetings should run (i.e. smoothly and fairly). That's no small achievement.

I don't know. Sometimes it might be the other way around if you have a Chair who is ramrodding things through without allowing the merits to be debated (and the assembly if knowing their rights would have wanted to do so).

Then they'll be home by the 6:00 news......Don't be a party pooper, you know I meant if RONR is followed correctly. :P

Archived