The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Excutive Session

Jayadev

In our board of trustees meeting, we asked non board memebrs to step out for an excutive session. They are regular membrs but not members of Board. I wonder a regular memebr can question about the decision of the Board to have an Excutive session?

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_83122', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_83122', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '83122' }, parseInt('') );

Thanks. I agree but they are questioning the board how can baord make a such decision? Do we need to explain?

You don't owe them an explanation but for the sake of lessening hard feelings you can point them to RONR p. 3 ll. 1-5 (defining a member) and p. 644 ll. 29-32 and p. 648 ll. 11-14 (which state that nonmembers have no rights and can be excluded at any time).

Thanks. I agree but they are questioning the board how can baord make a such decision? Do we need to explain?

At a meeting of the society's assembly, a motion could be adopted requiring that the board's minutes be produced and read to the assembly, which would include minutes from an executive session. Other than this, no explanation is necessary.

Archived