The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Other financial matters

Andy Travis

Our BOD has a management company which collects financial information for the board. The property manager submits this information to the board at the regular monthly meetings. The treasurer on the board only reviews the financial statements. My questions is, where would these other financial matters that the treasurer doesn't deal with be listed under on the agenda?

I thought perhaps they could go under the financial secretary's report but I was told the property manager is not the financial secretary.

Our BOD has a management company which collects financial information for the board. The property manager submits this information to the board at the regular monthly meetings. The treasurer on the board only reviews the financial statements. My questions is, where would these other financial matters that the treasurer doesn't deal with be listed under on the agenda?

I thought perhaps they could go under the financial secretary's report but I was told the property manager is not the financial secretary.

If the Property Manager has so much information to share with the board, why not give him his own report?

Seems OK to me.  The prop-manager takes care of all the day to day stuff, but the Board makes the "big policy decisions".

But what do I know - I live in my own home where I do the day-to-day and make the "big decisions"  --  my wife tells me which are the big decisions, and she decides the rest.

Archived