The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Paper ballot opposed to show of hands

Guest Apriol

Coming up at our annual business meeting we will be having a motion made on an amendment change...should the results of this be a paper ballot or a show of hands. There will be controversy and discussion on this issue.  Our by-laws do not address this except to say ( it must be motioned, seconded, discussed and voted on separately), 

As always, thank you for your help. Wont be long and I'll be leaving you alone for while...I hope.

April

Coming up at our annual business meeting we will be having a motion made on an amendment change...should the results of this be a paper ballot or a show of hands. There will be controversy and discussion on this issue.  Our by-laws do not address this except to say ( it must be motioned, seconded, discussed and voted on separately), 

As always, thank you for your help. Wont be long and I'll be leaving you alone for while...I hope.

April

The vote on bylaw amendments is usually done as a rising vote.  Any member may move to take the vote by ballot, which requires a majority vote to adopt.  If adopted, the full count is read to the members by the tellers before the chair reads it again and announces the result.  This method is an excellent way to obtain a truer expression of the members opinion since their vote is not revealed.

Archived