The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Guest Gayle

I am a member of a private campground with a Board of Directors.  Each year at the annual meeting we vote on variety of things.  We had a count and did have a quorum so the meeting started.  It ended up getting way off topic many times.  When very important item were brought up for voting, several members had to part the meeting.   Even though we had a signed in membership quorum at the beginning, isn't it required when we are voting that we physically have a quorum present.

I am a member of a private campground with a Board of Directors.  Each year at the annual meeting we vote on variety of things.  We had a count and did have a quorum so the meeting started.  It ended up getting way off topic many times.  When very important item were brought up for voting, several members had to part the meeting.   Even though we had a signed in membership quorum at the beginning, isn't it required when we are voting that we physically have a quorum present.

Yes.

Also, see this  http://www.robertsrules.com/faq.html#3

And even if you didn't have a quorum you could have, and should have, called the meeting to order. It's just that, without a quorum, very little could be done.

With all due respect, I think that this is the kind of additional information which, when viewed in the context of the question asked and the facts provided, tends more to confuse then to enlighten.

With all due respect, I think that this is the kind of additional information which, when viewed in the context of the question asked and the facts provided, tends more to confuse then to enlighten.

Gayle's post seemed to suggest (if only to me) that, absent a quorum, the annual meeting might not have started been held but I apologize if my reply was more confusing than enlightening.

Archived