The Official RONR Q & A Forums

removal of volunteer member of committee

Golfer

I am a member of a state organized committee to serve farmers and ranchers for losses incurred by wolves.  One of the wolf advocate committee members wrote an editorial referencing her being on this committee and proceeded to defame, slander, insult and show extreme predjudice toward the people this board serves.  There has been a public outcry for her removal and she has been asked to step down but refuses.  This committee currently has no bylaws or board, merely a county commissioner who formed the committee as per the state requirements to have 4 persons involved in farming and ranching, two wolf advocates and two local businessmen on the committee to determine compensation to anyone with losses involving wolves.  What would the proper process involve for removal of this member.   This committee is in the state of Oregon.

Thanks

Mike

5 hours ago, Godelfan said:

I like the term "wolf advocate."  It makes me picture two wolves (who also happen to be advocates) sitting at a board meeting.

I pictured a wolf testifying before a congressional committee with the advocate leaning over and whispering in the wolf's ear.

Archived