The Official RONR Q & A Forums

general public or teachers and parents of a private Christian school attending school board meetings

Guest David Speicher

26 minutes ago, Benjamin Geiger said:

In most (all?) cases, school boards are government entities, which means that there is almost certainly applicable law regarding this.

The school board of a private school, by definition, is not a government entity.

Edited by Josh Martin

8 minutes ago, Benjamin Geiger said:

I interpreted the question as "teachers and parents from a private school want to attend the meetings of the county school board".

I suppose the question does not specifically state which school board these persons wish to attend. If they are, in fact, attempting to attend the meetings of the school board for the local public school district, and not the board of the private school, then it is certainly more likely that there will be applicable laws on this subject.

I personally assumed that they wished to attend the meetings of the school board of the private school.

13 hours ago, Benjamin Geiger said:

I interpreted the question as "teachers and parents from a private school want to attend the meetings of the county school board".

Post #2 covered it whichever way it is:  

17 hours ago, George Mervosh said:

Unless the governing documents or applicable statute say otherwise, the board has complete discretion in this matter.  See RONR (11th ed.), pp. 644-645 and 648-650.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.