The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Excutive committee vs execcutive board

anthony liberatore

I believe that an executive committee is a board within a board and has the powers to act and make decisions in the name of the board. I think the executive board refers to the actual board of directors. I also, from my reading, think that if there is an executive committee that it has to be stated as such in the bylaws right after the establishement of a board of directors.

My sutdy club, Robert's Rules Study Club, has advised me to do more research before getting myself too far afield

So I am looking for some direction

On 6/12/2019 at 1:50 PM, anthony liberatore said:

I believe that an executive committee is a board within a board and has the powers to act and make decisions in the name of the board. I think the executive board refers to the actual board of directors. I also, from my reading, think that if there is an executive committee that it has to be stated as such in the bylaws right after the establishement of a board of directors.

An executive committee is a board within a board. If there is to be an executive committee, it has to be stated in the bylaws somewhere. It is recommended, but not required, that it be in an article immediately following the article on the board of directors. It has the powers granted. In a society with an executive committee, the full board is generally called the Board of Directors rather than the Executive Board, to avoid confusion.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.