The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Non board member on bank account?

Guest Herewegoagain

If the question relates to a condominium or homeowner's association you may want to dig a little deeper into your governing documents to determine what the actual requirements are. There may be more than one type of bank account required for different funds and each of these can have differing signature requirements. It is common for a managing agent (who is not an association member) to have access to operating funds, in which case no members of the association will be given access. While two members of the Board must sign checks for reserve funds kept in a separate account the managing agent does not have access to. Violations of your governing documents would be a legal matter and banking institutions are keen to this so you could also speak to a bank representative for more information. Banks will normally require a written document from the association to provide account signature authorization before opening the account.

17 hours ago, Joshua Katz said:

To be clear, nothing in anon's answer above is in RONR, and nothing is within the scope of this forum. I'm not saying it is or isn't accurate, just that none of it concerns parliamentary procedure.

Agreed. I guess I should have pointed that out myself. Some of the reach-outs for information on this forum beg for a broader perspective in order to apply a reasoned approach to RONR implementation when using real-world examples. Others more learned in parliamentary requirements have pointed to additional questions that should be asked when considering how to apply RONR - especially if that means looking beyond parliamentary guidance. I do appreciate the intention of this forum to stick to its scope though. Thanks for the reminder. I'll work on that.

5 hours ago, anon said:

Some of the reach-outs for information on this forum beg for a broader perspective in order to apply a reasoned approach to RONR implementation when using real-world examples.

I agree with this. It is important, though, not to give the impression of giving legal advice, or making statements that likely vary from state to state.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.