The Official RONR Q & A Forums

RONR (12 ed.) PRINCIPLES UNDERLYING PARLIAMENTARY LAW

Guest whattahw

"The means of protecting all of these rights in appropriate measure forms much of the substance of parliamentary law, and the need for this protection dictates the degree of development that the subject has undergone."

Can someone explain what is being defined when it states "development" and "subject"?

38 minutes ago, Guest whattahw said:

"The means of protecting all of these rights in appropriate measure forms much of the substance of parliamentary law, and the need for this protection dictates the degree of development that the subject has undergone."

Can someone explain what is being defined when it states "development" and "subject"?

The "subject" is parliamentary law, and its "development" is described for you is some detail in the Introduction to RONR, 12th ed., pages xxix-xlviii.

14 minutes ago, J. J. said:

You might contact the American Institute of Parliamentarians.  https://aipparl.org/

I'm sure you could contact the author, who might have a copy. 

Well, perhaps Guest whattahw will find this information concerning how to obtain a copy helpful.  But if not, a review of what is said in RONR's Introduction should suffice.  🙂

50 minutes ago, Daniel H. Honemann said:

Well, perhaps Guest whattahw will find this information concerning how to obtain a copy helpful.  But if not, a review of what is said in RONR's Introduction should suffice.  🙂

Well, it  is a bit broader, but does discuss, and show some examples of, the "meeting made law."  William Evans seminal "Is Parliamentary Law 'Law'" is cited and discussed, along with an opinion he coauthored on the AIP Opinions Committee. 

49 minutes ago, J. J. said:

Well, it  is a bit broader, but does discuss, and show some examples of, the "meeting made law."  William Evans seminal "Is Parliamentary Law 'Law'" is cited and discussed, along with an opinion he coauthored on the AIP Opinions Committee. 

Perhaps, but it still is not of much help to Guest whattahw, who asked the question.

7 hours ago, Daniel H. Honemann said:

Perhaps, but it still is not of much help to Guest whattahw, who asked the question.

Daniel is great moderator.

Thanks to everyone for the information. 

I have no further questions, I yield the floor.

9 hours ago, J. J. said:

Do you have a cite or date for the article by William Evans?  I've got a lot of old "National Parliamenterians" from NAP in spiral bound form.    I have the July and October 2014 issues of the  "Parliamentary Journal", but not the April 2014 issue.

7 hours ago, J. J. said:

The Evan's article can be gotten from NAP.  I can send you a copy of the other one, if you wish.

Please do! You have my email address.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.