The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Guest Michele

On 10/16/2023 at 6:34 PM, Guest Michele said:

Can an addendum be added if prior secretary didn't add about removing and adding key executives to the bank acct.

Agreeing with Mr. Katz, the minutes can be corrected if they do not properly reflect what actually happened. However, if the body did not actually adopt a motion to add key executives to the bank account, the minutes should not be fabricated to reflect something that did not happen. Instead, at the next meeting, a motion to add the key executives should be adopted and the minutes of THAT meeting should Reflect the adoption of the motion. 

I agree with Mr. Brown. Moreover, if the secretary acted on his own to add key executives to the bank account when the authorization of the assembly was required, the minutes of a meeting should not be fabricated to seem to "backdate" the authority; instead, the action taken by the secretary should be ratified at a meeting of the assembly, and the minutes of THAT meeting should reflect the ratification of the secretary's action.

On 10/16/2023 at 7:34 PM, Guest Michele said:

Can an addendum be added if prior secretary didn't add about removing and adding key executives to the bank acct.

I'm not at all clear on what's being asked.  And addendum to what? There seems to have been a change of secretaries? Are we talking about an addendum to minutes?  I'm guessing all of this.

I'm going to assume the question was something like:

"When approving minutes drafted by a prior secretary, can corrections be offered to include matters that were decided at the prior meeting but inadvertently omitted in the draft minutes?" To which the answer would be "Yes, of course. That's what corrections are for."  But that's not an addendum, that's just an ordinary correction.

If the question is about something else, please clarify.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.