The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Indefinite suspension from membership (Discipline)

J. J.

On 12/17/2023 at 3:15 PM, Rob Elsman said:

The motion to expel a member is fully executed as soon as it is adopted, so there is nothing left to lift or reverse later. That's why an affirmative vote cannot be reconsidered or brought back before the assembly a second time. He's gone—period. If he desires to be readmitted, he will have to apply for admission in the usual way and meet all the qualifications for admission to membership.  He may submit an application if and when he meets the qualifications.

The words "expel," "remove," or even "kick out," do not appear in the motion.  He would not be expelled as a result of adopting the motion as a penalty in a disciplinary procedure. 

On 12/18/2023 at 9:52 AM, Rob Elsman said:

Okay.  I'm back to what I said before.  This whole topic is just a figment of your imagination, and the answers will likewise be found in your imagination.  I've done the best I could, so I'm out of here.

And I have posted where you can find numerous example.  I am sure that anyone interested can google the fraternity previously mentioned.  :)

Pretending it is not there will not make it go away. 

On 12/17/2023 at 3:15 PM, Rob Elsman said:

The motion to expel a member is fully executed as soon as it is adopted, so there is nothing left to lift or reverse later.

Yes.

However this motion was not one to expel but rather to suspend the rights of membership, for an indefinite period.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.