The Official RONR Q & A Forums

"Something Went Wrong" message on sign-in

Within the week or so, I have started getting an error message, "Something Went Wrong", when signing into the forum. The odd thing is, nothing really is wrong. I can tap "The Official RONR Q & A Forums" at the top of the webpage to clear the message; I am actually signed in; and, the forum works fine.

I am using a quite new Samsung Galaxy tablet running Android OS and Google Chrome browser.

On 1/31/2024 at 9:32 AM, Rob Elsman said:

Within the week or so, I have started getting an error message, "Something Went Wrong", when signing into the forum. The odd thing is, nothing really is wrong. I can tap "The Official RONR Q & A Forums" at the top of the webpage to clear the message; I am actually signed in; and, the forum works fine.

I am using a quite new Samsung Galaxy tablet running Android OS and Google Chrome browser.

The forum software was upgraded yesterday. Did you have the problem both before then and since?ย 

I don't know what else to tell you. Apparently something went wrong. ๐Ÿ™‚

I've cleared the cache on the system end, and I suggest you do the same in your browser. And click those little slider icons next to the URL in this page to clear the cookies and site data from this site.ย 

Thank you for the browser clearing suggestion. I do this very regularly for privacy and security reasons anyway, so I don't think this is actually what's behind the problem. It is just possible that there is a communications delay. Oklahoma is out among the tepees, and the internet network is not our nation's best. So, the "something" going wrong might be nothing more than an excessive delay while one prairie chicken runs a packet to the next prairie chicken. ๐Ÿ™‚

On 1/31/2024 at 9:50 AM, Shmuel Gerber said:

I don't know what else to tell you. Apparently something went wrong. ๐Ÿ™‚

You laugh, but that would certainly account for it.ย ๐Ÿ˜

I got the same error signing in to my broker this morning, also from Android OS, so maybe there's a timing thing going on there.ย  Clicking again cured the problem.

Edited by Gary Novosielski

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.