The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Withdrawing a resignation

Guest maryellen

I am a member of a BOD. Our President resigned 1 week ago. We notified all vendors and members of the Association of the resignation. We have moved forward by calling a special meeting for the purpose of filling the vacancy. The meeting is scheduled in 2 days time. Today this same person decided to withdraw her resignation. Now what do we do?

I am a member of a BOD. Our President resigned 1 week ago. We notified all vendors and members of the Association of the resignation. We have moved forward by calling a special meeting for the purpose of filling the vacancy. The meeting is scheduled in 2 days time. Today this same person decided to withdraw her resignation. Now what do we do?

If you never accepted the resignation, she has the right to withdraw it.

See FAQ #18 at the Robert's Rules of Order website, www.robertsrules.com.

In answer to your actual question:

1. Notify the vendors (and anyone else that needs to know) that the President is still in office

2. Convene the special meeting, and (I suspect) immediately adjourn it, since you can not conduct the business for which it was called.

Be prepared to go through this again, and hope you don't have to, and then set your sights on the next election.

Archived