The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Kindle Version

rthib

Anyone know why they have not released the full version in Kindle or other ebook format?

The full edition of RONR is available on CD-ROM. The CD-ROM edition also includes RONR In Brief and some supplementary material not included in any of the print versions. There are likely economic (and possibly contractual) reasons that RONR is not currently available in other electronic formats.

The full edition of RONR is available on CD-ROM. The CD-ROM edition also includes RONR In Brief and some supplementary material not included in any of the print versions. There are likely economic (and possibly contractual) reasons that RONR is not currently available in other electronic formats.

Although if someone has the CD and wants to take the time to do the work they could cut and paste the language into a Word Document (formatting it for any glitches the cut and paste may add to the document) and then convert it into an .azw file (that the Kindle can read). However, this is only for the person's personal use and trying to sell it to other people very likely would cause copyright issues.

That sort of defeats the purpose of having something in a smaller version.

I don't know of many laptops with a CD that are smaller or lighter than the book.

Although if someone has the CD and wants to take the time to do the work they could cut and paste the language into a Word Document (formatting it for any glitches the cut and paste may add to the document) and then convert it into an .azw file (that the Kindle can read).

Or they could use the tried-and-true format known as "book" (

).

I don't know of many laptops with a CD that are smaller or lighter than the book.

For only one publication, I agree. However, if you want several publications (RONR, In Brief, Parliamentary Law, etc.), the laptop becomes lighter. ;)

I agree, but I'm not in charge. You just asked me a question and I gave you an answer.

If you have a complaint or suggestion regarding the publication of Robert's Rules of Order, Newly Revised perhaps you should take it up with the publisher.

For only one publication, I agree. However, if you want several publications (RONR, In Brief, Parliamentary Law, etc.), the laptop becomes lighter. ;)

Parliamentary Law is not included with the CD-ROM version of RONR, nor is it available in any electronic format that I know of. Most laptops are heavier than RONR and RONR In Brief combined, although if Parliamentary Law were included, the laptop may have the edge. Since the average user likely has no interest in Parliamentary Law, however, I doubt this is any consolation to the original poster.

Archived