The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Motions and Board Members

Guest Christina

Thank you.  That's exactly what I needed to know.  It wasn't a trick question, but I have someone in our association saying that board members cannot make motions at membership meetings.  Now I have the answer.  Thanks

Thank you.  That's exactly what I needed to know.  It wasn't a trick question, but I have someone in our association saying that board members cannot make motions at membership meetings.  Now I have the answer.  Thanks

Sure they can if they are members.  They have no special powers at general membership meetings, but they don't give up their rights of membership.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets carry this one step further. Can a member make a motion at a General Assembly meeting restricting Board Members from speaking or from voting at the meeting? Example: A Town Hall meeting for HOA members. HOA Board of Directors are members of the HOA. Although the Board member is a property owner and a member of the HOA can the membership at a Town Hall restrict the Board Member's participation?

• 2 weeks later...

At a called Special Meeting of an HOA, can any member of the Association make a motion to remove one or all Board members?

Only if removal of one or all of the board members was included in the notice (the "call") of the special meeting.

By the way, this forum works best if new, unrelated, questions are posted as new topics. In other words, think of this as "Christina's topic".

Guest Concerned Homeowner

Only if removal of one or all of the board members was included in the notice (the "call") of the special meeting.

By the way, this forum works best if new, unrelated, questions are posted as new topics. In other words, think of this as "Christina's topic".

Thank you, and my apologies.

Archived