The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Unentitled vote and status of motion

Guest David Rowe

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:45 PM, Guest Who's Coming to Dinner said:

Lady and Gentlemen, I have had valuable advice from all of you.  I think that this particular hare has run its course and it is time to close discussion so that you can help others elsewhere.  Thank you all very much.

1 hour ago, Guest David Rowe said:

Lady and Gentlemen, I have had valuable advice from all of you.  I think that this particular hare has run its course and it is time to close discussion so that you can help others elsewhere.  Thank you all very much.

J. J. is no lady. :-)

On 9/22/2017 at 6:37 PM, Guest David Rowe said:

In haste, but to clarify the Bylaws question raised by Richard, these are in complete accord with the VA Non-Stock Corporation Act and worded ‘dissolution to be authorized shall have been approved by more than two-thirds of all the votes cast on the proposal to dissolve at a meeting at which a quorum exists.’ 

That is completely different from any of the ambiguous paraphrases of the bylaws you  provided earlier, and substantially changes many of the answers given here, effectively wasting the time of several members over several days.  And it is still not clear to me that you have finally quoted the language in your bylaws.

I, for one, am done with this thread.

1 hour ago, J. J. said:

Maybe I should change my photo to Barry White?  :)

Or here's a radical idea: maybe you should change your photo to one of yourself. :-)

Actually, I would guess that except in limited circumstances, it's not even legal to use photos of famous people (or copyrighted cartoon characters, for that matter) without some sort of consent from them (or their copyright owners) or their estates.

1 hour ago, Shmuel Gerber said:

Or here's a radical idea: maybe you should change your photo to one of yourself. :-)

Actually, I would guess that except in limited circumstances, it's not even legal to use photos of famous people (or copyrighted cartoon characters, for that matter) without some sort of consent from them (or their copyright owners) or their estates.

Fair use, but I'll just not use a photo.

11 minutes ago, J. J. said:

Fair use, but I'll just not use a photo.

Aw, C'mon, JJ.... use your Facebook picture!  Or one from your "costume" at the 2015NAP convention when you put on the workshop "How to stage a parliamentary coup"  (or whatever the title was).  Great outfit!!!

Edited by Richard Brown
Added last sentence

16 minutes ago, Richard Brown said:

Aw, C'mon, JJ.... use your Facebook picture!  Or one from your "costume" at the 2015NAP convention when you put on the workshop "How to stage a parliamentary coup"  (or whatever the title was).  Great outfit!!!

If you recall, there was no photo of my entrance.    And, I generally dress that way.  :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.