The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Parliamentary Process Discord Server??

BabbsJohnson

21 hours ago, Guest Who's Coming to Dinner said:

It's voice and text chat. And Nosey has misspelled "Parliamentary."

Oops. Sorry! In a hurry I guess.

It was fixed yesterday.

It was briefly mentioned that fallacies may also be a topic to discuss, since RONR depends on the disallowance of “personal remarks” which includes many, if not all forms of the ad hominem (attack) fallacy.

In looking at the response from Guest Who’s Coming to Dinner, I can’t help but see shades of a possible ad hominem...but I could be wrong.

Clarification needed: Should something be assumed about Nosey (me) because of the misspelled word mentioned above?

😉 

(kidding...sorta)

Edited by Nosey
Add update and a later thought. Punctuation.

5 hours ago, Nosey said:

In looking at the response from Guest Who’s Coming to Dinner, I can’t help but see shades of a possible ad hominem...but I could be wrong.

It has happened on occasion. Not very often, though. Sometimes the impression is in the eye of the beholder.

5 hours ago, Nosey said:

Clarification needed: Should something be assumed about Nosey (me) because of the misspelled word mentioned above?

No. Only that either your English class in High School was the first one in the morning or else you were in a hurry to catch Dancing With The Stars. :D

15 hours ago, Guest Zev said:

It has happened on occasion. Not very often, though. Sometimes the impression is in the eye of the beholder.

No. Only that either your English class in High School was the first one in the morning or else you were in a hurry to catch Dancing With The Stars. :D

Haha. 

Usually it’s just my bad thumb-only typing, my tiny phone screen, my lack of reading glasses, and a lack of me double-checking my results. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.