The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Paying Bills

TrevorSorensen

RONR doesn't answer this question: it completely depends on the policies of that organization. It is not automatic. Some organizations authorize, and direct, the treasurer to pay routine bills. (In this century, some organizations have their routine bills paid automatically by the Internet.) Other organizations go through the bills one-by-one, handling them like the donation example on p. 115 (of RONR, 10th Edition, with the falling-apart-by-now bilious gold cover, and in three pieces, at least mine is, thank G-d for Baggies). Why do they do that? Because they like it that way. Or don't get around to joining the 20th Century, as we can assume RONR- 11th Edition will do, with its built-in 3.5-inch floppy disk and fully-typed-out instructions for connecting to the Commodore network.

(In this century, some organizations have their routine bills paid automatically by the Internet.)

(Actually, I extrapolate this from lots of people doing it in their private capacity. I would be incredulous if no organizations, or even just very few, do it also; but I do not know this for a fact. Nobody ever lets me go out.)

Archived